These may be very different from the real, because we are monitoring only those players who use our site.
An all-metal, single-seat fighter-bomber with one turbojet engine. The aircraft was created by a group of Lockheed engineers (headed by Clarence "Kelly" Johnson) in only 143 days. The first flight of the XP-80 prototype was performed in January 1944. The first production version, designated the P-80A Shooting Star, entered service in 1946. The P-80 became the first combat-capable jet aircraft to enter service with the USAAF. 1947 saw the appearance of the next production version of the aircraft, the P-80B. The ninth production P-80A-1 was converted to a new prototype, designated the XP-80B. It had an Allison J33-A-17 turbojet engine producing 1,816 kg of thrust, equipped with a methanol-water injection system. The airfoil was thinner, but the skin's thickness was increased. To install a water mixture tank, the plane's fuel quantity had to be sacrificed by reducing it from 1,781 to 1,610 liters The aircraft also received a Lockheed-designed ejection seat and a cockpit air-conditioning system. The plane's armament consisted of six 12.7 mm Colt-Browning M3 machine guns with 300 rounds each in the forward fuselage. One 1,000 lb (454 kg) bomb or ten 5-inch (127 mm) unguided HVAR missiles could be suspended under each wing panel. A total of 240 P-80B fighter-bombers were built from March 1947 to March 1948, including P-80B-1s and 31 P-80B-5s. The В-5 variant was intended to be operated in Arctic conditions; its heated canopy prevented icing. In addition, special types of oil and special rubber were used to operate the aircraft in low temperature conditions. At least five P-80Bs were equipped with a guidance system for Bell GAM-63 RASCAL air-to-surface missiles. Externally, these aircraft differed in the shape of the forward fuselage and the wing-mounted tanks. Also, they were fitted with extra spoilers on the upper and lower wing surfaces. In June 1948, when the US military aircraft designation system was changed, the P-80B was renamed to the F-80B. When the Korean War started, F-80Bs were stationed in the USA and in Europe, being used by the USAAF mainly for training purposes. Later, 117 F-80Bs were brought up to the F-80C's standards and re-designated "F-80C-12." The remaining F-80Bs were withdrawn from service by the end of 1951.