These may be very different from the real, because we are monitoring only those players who use our site.
Yermolayev Yer-2 twin-engine, long-range bomber with ACh-30B engines, early production series In order to improve their flight characteristics, production Yer-2s were later equipped with more powerful Mikulin AM-35 and AM-37 engines. Tests showed that planes with these engines outperformed the original Yer-2s (with M-105 engines) in speed, rate of climb, and service ceiling, but they were not launched into full-scale production due to the engines being too “raw” for service. So the designers fitted the aircraft with Charomsky M-30B (Ach-30B, from 1944 on) diesel engines with tractor kerosene. The production of Yer-2s with M-30B engines began in late 1943 at Irkutsk Aircraft Factory No. 39. The aircraft was equipped with two 1,500 hp ACh-30B diesel engines with AV-5LV-116 variable-pitch propellers featuring an larger diameter than that of the VISh-22Ye. Externally, the diesel Yer-2s differed from their predecessors in several ways: more extended fuselage contours, rudder horn balance, and changes in the design of the engine ducted-radiator shutters. The capacity of the internal fuel tanks, equipped with an inert gas pressurization system, was increased. The aircraft's defensive armament was reinforced. The forward ball mount, with a ShKAS machine gun, was replaced with a new NU-134 forward mount with a 12.7 mm Berezin UBT machine gun featuring 195-rounds of ammunition. The LU-MV-2 hatch mount with a 7.62-mm ShKAS was replaced with an LU-MV-2B turret that had a 12.7 mm Berezin UBT machine gun with a pneumatic reloading system and 275 rounds. Instead of the TAT-BT upper mount, a TUM-5 cannon turret was installed, which had a 20 mm ShVAK cannon with 200 rounds. The bomb bay was lengthened, and the aircraft's maximum bomb capacity was increased up to 5,000 kg. The plane was able to carry 3,000 kg (3 FAB-1000 bombs) suspended externally and 2,000 kg more inside the bomb bay. The OPB-2M bomb sight was replaced with a PS-1 synchronized sight with a special fairing. The Yer-2 became the most powerful twin-engine bomber the Soviets had. These modifications significantly increased the bomber's takeoff weight, which required new landing gear wheels with an enlarged diameter. Only 2 Yer-2 aircraft were produced at Irkutsk Aircraft Factory No. 39 during the whole year of 1943. 47 more Yer-2s with a single-seat pilot's cockpit were built, until August 1944 when bombers with a two-seat pilot's cockpit started to be produced.